Reduce Your Risk of Oral Cancer
According to dental professionals, men are twice as likely to develop oral cancer as women, and young people are significantly less likely to develop the disease. While you can’t do much about your age and gender, there are other risk factors for oral cancer that you can control, including:
- Frequent consumption of alcohol
- Tobacco use, including chewing and smokeless tobacco
- Certain infections, including HPV
- Too much unprotected sun exposure
- A diet that is lacking in fruits and vegetables
Keep these risk factors in mind when it comes to your oral health. By cutting back on our alcohol consumption, wearing sunscreen, eating a healthier diet, and giving up tobacco, you’ll be drastically reducing your oral cancer risk.